Today concludes our first-ever Ethics Awareness Week. We hope you found it engaging and informative, and that you have a better understanding of how you contribute to our highly ethical and compliant culture. Each of us has a personal responsibility to make legal, ethical decisions every day and to speak up when we see or suspect unethical or inappropriate conduct.
While we spent this week highlighting ethics and compliance, it is important to remember that you should be thinking about these topics every day throughout the year. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you go about your daily work:
- Make ethical decisions and think before you act. If the right decision is unclear, reach out to your supervisor, any member of management, or the Ethics & Compliance team for assistance.
- If you see something unethical or inappropriate – don’t be afraid to Speak Up! Remember, you will never be subject to negative consequences for raising a concern. The Company does not tolerate retaliation in any form.
- You are not alone! We have a ton of resources to help you. Our Code of Business Ethics and Conduct is a great place to start – but it’s just that – a starting point! You can reach out to any member of the Ethics & Compliance team for assistance.
Be sure to watch today’s video message from Jon Vander Ark, our President and incoming CEO, as he reminds us of the importance of ethics and that “We’re All In This Together” – all of us bring Republic’s values to life, every day in everything we do. The Company thanks each of you for your commitment to ethics and compliance. We are a better Company because of your efforts!
Finally, thank you to everyone who participated in the Ethics Awareness Week daily trivia contest! The winners for each day will be sent a $100 voucher for the Company Store. Drum roll please …. and the winners are:
- Day 1: Deanne S., Account Manager, Inver Grove Heights, MN
- Day 2: Wayburn H., Talent Acquisition Partner, Fort Worth, TX
- Day 3: Natalie L., A/R Resolution Specialist, Conover, NC
- Day 4: Joy V., Compensation Manager, Phoenix, AZ
Please keep an eye out for my recurring feature – “Ask Ethical Ethel” – right here on Blue Nation Online and continue to reach out to me with any ethics-related issue or suggestions for future topics at AskEthicalEthel@RepublicServices.com.
Let’s keep the conversation going – I look forward to hearing from you!