Keeping employees safe is always our top priority. With summer upon us, we are excited to announce our 101 Days of Summer Safety campaign, now through Labor Day, with tips for staying safe during the hot summer months ahead.
Amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, it’s important to stay informed and continue to follow the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) guidelines to keep yourself and your family safe and healthy – wherever your summer adventures take you.
Whether you’re at work or at home, here are some tips to stay safe this summer:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and avoiding caffeine. The minimum amount of water you should drink per day is your body weight divided by two ounces. For example, a 200-pound person should drink 100 ounces of water.
- Wear appropriate clothing and sunscreen. SPF 30 is sufficient, but it’s important to apply 30 minutes before going outside. You should also reapply every two hours or after swimming, drying off or sweating.
- Don’t leave children or pets alone in cars – internal car temperatures are much higher than they are outside.
- Keep a watchful eye on children around water and busy streets.
As always, follow these precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Keep at least 6 feet between yourself and other people. Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others. Continue to keep at least 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
Divisions are tracking their safe days on this 101 Days Summer Safety poster. How is your division keeping safety top of mind this summer? Send us your stories and photos to BlueNation@RepublicServices.com.