Looking for a few new recipes to try out this Thanksgiving? Click here for delicious (and healthy) recipes for:
- Roasted Turkey with Garlic Herb Butter
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Savory Sautéed Greens
- Pumpkin Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread
- Turkey Day Leftovers Soup
Additionally, follow these simple steps to enjoy Thanksgiving while staying on track with your health goals:
- Start your day with balanced breakfast. Don’t skip eating before the big meal. The plan to “save room” could cause your blood sugar to dip (hello hangry).
- Be active! Take a morning or evening walk with family and burn off those extra calories.
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water.
- Look for homemade. There are so many hidden ingredients in store-bought foods (trans fats, sugars, refined flour, etc.). Try to avoid pre-made processed goods when you can and make your dishes with real ingredients (see recipes above!)
RECYCLING TIPS FOR THANKSGIVING
During the holiday season, household waste increases by 25%, which can add 1 million tons of trash to our landfills. Click here for tips on what to throw and what to recycle – keeping the planet in mind during the holidays.