Our local Hauling and Landfill offices (BU217), along with our local Energy and Environmental Solutions offices (BU608), teamed up for a toy drive for children of CASA. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Southeast Texas Inc. is a non-profit service organization that recruits, trains, and supervises a diverse group of community volunteers, appointed by the courts to advocate for abused and neglected children in the pursuit of safe, permanent homes.
“We’re thankful for all of the donations from our employees to make this a special holiday for children in Southeast Texas!” said Bill V., General Manager.
Thanks to BU240, children in Central Alabama will wake up on Christmas morning with a smile on their faces! The dozens of toys collected were donated to Grace Klein Community and distributed to families who need them. Way to go, team!
Every year, teams at HQ take part in Desert Mission’s “Adopt-a-Family” initiative. Republic Services adopted 30 families in the community – surpassing last year’s record! Each team was assigned 1-2 families to shop for and the turnout was incredible. To add even more excitement, there was a friendly competition to see who could decorate the best holiday card for their family. The Recycling/Accounting Services team took home the prize this year, which was an additional gift card for their assigned family. Thanks to all who participated and Happy Holidays!
BU141 recently partnered with one of our valued customers, the Encore Casino. Republic Services volunteers assisted with their “Feed The Funnel” charity event on December 1. “We had a great time helping them reach their goal of packaging and distributing 1 MILLION meals to families in need throughout the community,” said Patrick B., Division Sales Manager. Shout out to the following employees who participated in this charity event: Taryn H., Jen R., Grace C., Jaclyn R., James C., Brendan D., Mike D., James M., Ed P., Jordan D., and Patrick B.
Big shout out to our team in Massillon, OH, for bringing 30 large pizzas to the Refuge of Hope Men’s Shelter! The team partnered with Little Caesar’s Pizza out of Canton fed 65 men at the shelter who were very appreciative of a hot lunch.
Kudos to Massillon Drivers Billy G., John R., and Thomas B. for coming up with this great idea.
Our team in Wisconsin (BU325) has been busy making the season brighter for others in their community. Earlier this month, they participated in the Rice Lake holiday parade and also facilitated a Toys for Tots collection drive helping over 100 families provide gifts to their children. Employees also had some fun with an ugly sweater party and potluck for the team! We love this team spirit!
North Charlotte, NC
BU104 employees are helping their neighbors this holiday season!
- Filling and delivering event boxes with new toys for Toys for Tots
- Collecting personal care, hobby and household items for the Meals-on-Wheel’s “Santa on Wheels” program
- Sponsoring a child from the Salvation Army Angel Tree
This month, the Customer Experience team made it a priority to live our values of Human-Centered and Committed to Serve!
- HonorHealth Desert Mission Food Bank: Employees in Arizona assisted donors who dropped off holiday gifts and also loaded donations into vehicles of adopted families.
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana: Employees assisted with a volunteer effort that allowed for Gleaners to impact more than 700 households. Volunteers loaded cars with food and directed traffic for the drive-thru distribution.
- Beds for Kids: Employees assisted with a volunteer effort that led to the delivery of furniture to multiple families in the Charlotte area who needed vital items such as beds, desk, lamps, and dining room tables.
“To close out the year in such an impactful way truly shows the partnership, values, and dedication that Customer Experience set as a priority and it’s extremely inspiring.” Demario N., Area Manager.