According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the biggest tool that we have in slowing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) is keeping at least 6 feet of physical distance between yourself and other people.
No matter what job you’re doing, please adhere to the CDC recommendation on social distancing. Six feet is the average distance that respiratory droplets from a sneeze or cough travel before they settle and are no longer likely to be inhaled by other people. This is why social distancing is so important.
In addition to being vigilant about social distancing, the CDC recommends that everyone:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
To learn more, visit CDC.gov.