Random Acts of Kindness Day was February 17, and we were blown away by the number of employees who participated in our giveaway and shared how they showed kindness to someone else. Way to be kind Republic team!
Congratulations to our two winners: LaDonna B. and Kim D. Read a summary of their stories below:
“I was at the grocery store and the lady ahead of me didn’t have enough money to purchase her items. I was in a rush and was acting a little inpatient. But as she started taking items out of her shopping cart, I thought, what if that was me, and also, I couldn’t let the two little kids beside her go home hungry. I paid for her groceries and the next day, my son was so proud of me that he gave his last $2 to the homeless man, and that when I know I did something right.”
“I work part-time at a fast-food restaurant and a lady ordered food for her family. Her credit card wouldn’t go through and she started counting out change to try to cover her total. Tears were rolling down her face as she did this. My heart was breaking so I handed her the bag of food and told her I was covering her meal. She thanked me repeatedly and told me she could use the change she was counting to put gas in her car. She said she had been worried about how she was going to come up with gas money.”
Acts of Kindness Day Shout-Outs
Thank you to everyone who participated in Random Acts of Kindness Day!
- Rhonda P. won bingo and gave some of her winnings to unsuspecting grocery employees.
- Kevin C. took out his elderly neighbor’s trash can to the curb.
- Manissa D. made dinner for a family in need, so they could enjoy a night off.
- Troy D. filled a trash bag of waste in his neighborhood while taking his dog for a walk.
- Tim A. bought lunch for his entire team just because!