Residential Supervisors Dan P. and Ben M. were on the road when they saw smoke coming from a wooded area. It wasn’t obvious where the smoke was coming from – so they decided to turn around in case it was a house on fire. It turned out to be a large shed fully engulfed in flames. They parked their vehicle at a safe distance and saw the homeowner in the yard. The power had gone out and there was no running water, so they quickly grabbed a fire extinguisher from their truck and went to put out the flames, which were moving toward a home near the shed which had the man’s 85-year-old grandmother still inside.
Dan and Ben were able to control the fire shortly before the fire department arrived. Thank you for stepping in and helping a homeowner in need. All in a day’s work!