In February 2020, Republic launched our third BRG, the Black Employee Network (BEN).
The BRG’s Vision: To position Republic Services as the employer of choice for black professionals at all levels.The BRG’s Mission: To support, retain, develop and recruit black employees, provide opportunities whereby black employees can cultivate and grow their careers in alignment with Republic’s core values.
BEN’s Core Pillars:
- Professional Development – Create opportunities for members to develop knowledge, skills, and capabilities that support professional and personal growth. This includes access to education, training, exposure, leadership, and collaboration opportunities
- Retention & Networking – Leverage our shared experiences as a foundation to develop stronger connections with our colleagues, in support of building relationships and employee retention
- Career Advancement – Provide tools and resources to support the career advancement, development, and promotion of members. This includes providing mentorship, sponsorship and leadership opportunities
- Recruiting – Leverage our networks and resources to recruit talented black employees to the company and increase the black employee representation at all levels of the organization
- Cultural Competence – Serve as a resource to promote inclusion and diversity at Republic increasing cultural awareness at all levels of the organization
Upcoming Virtual Event – You’re Invited!
BEN is hosting a “Our Health: Sickle Cell Disease & Virtual Blood Drive” webinar with the American Red Cross on October 22, at 11:00 a.m. PT. This will be the kick-off for a 30-day blood drive. Everyone is invited to attend. If you’re not already registered for this event, go to MyApplications, select the Diverst app, then visit the BEN page for more information. All BEN members will receive an Outlook calendar invitation with link to join the MS Teams Live Event.
Thank you to our BEN leaders:
Executive Sponsor: Javara P.
Chair: JD K.
Vice Chair: Shannon T.