As we step into the New Year, many of us adopt resolutions to improve our lives. From making healthier choices to saving money or spending more time outdoors, you can incorporate sustainability without sacrificing fun. As our value of Environmentally Responsible states, we take action to improve our environment. Here’s a cheerful guide to incorporating sustainability into 2024:
Walk, Roll, and Ride:
- Trade your car keys for comfy sneakers or a bicycle for shorter trips.
- Explore public transportation and enjoy a stress-free commute.
Ditch the Disposable:
- Upgrade to a stylish reusable water bottle – hydration never looked so good and you can find many sustainable options on the Company Store!
- Say goodbye to single-use plastic by rocking a trendy reusable tote, cutlery or coffee cup.
- Keep reusable bags in your car so you don’t forget them when grocery shopping.
- Dive into the delicious world of plant-based meals.
- Support local farmers’ markets for fresh, eco-friendly produce.
- Try composting to conserve water and support your plants’ health and growth.
Lighten the Load:
- Switch to energy-efficient LED bulbs for a brighter, environmentally responsible home.
- Make a game out of turning off lights in empty rooms – challenge accepted!
- Consider solar-powered gadgets to keep your tech game eco-friendly.
Join the Zero-Waste Party:
- Choose products with minimal packaging – less waste, more smiles!
- Get creative with upcycling – turning old items into new treasures.
Let’s turn sustainability into a new habit in 2024. Share your sustainability goals for a chance to win some sustainable Republic Services swag! Fill out the form below by Friday, January 19. 10 lucky winners will be announced the following week!