At Republic Services, we take data privacy and protection seriously. Frequently in the news we hear about data breaches, internet hacking and identity theft – all of which can lead to important data falling into the wrong hands. These types of incidents can cause major concern for companies who are responsible for protecting customer, employee, and company information. Most of the time, these incidents can be avoided by taking a few simple steps to prevent them. In celebration of Data Privacy Day on January 28, 2022, we’d like to share a few tips on how to maintain your data privacy at work and at home:
- Minimize the amount of personal information you share on social media and other websites. Check your account’s privacy settings as well.
- Consider using a search engine or browser designed to protect privacy.
- Be aware of phishing attacks that may appear in your email – be careful where you click!
- Use antivirus software on your personal computer and all recommended virus protection on your work computer.
- Use strong passwords and use a different password for each account.
- Consider using two-factor authentication for logins.
For questions or concerns about data privacy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.