Your health and emotional well-being are a priority to the Company, and we want to remind you of some resources available to those who may need some additional support, now or in the future.
Health & Wellness Resources
- UnitedHealthcare (UHC) has made a number of accommodations for members. If you have health insurance through Republic’s UHC plans, please reach out to UHC by visiting their website or by calling the number on the back of your card to learn more. A few examples of the accommodations available include:
- Virtual doctor visits on the UHC app or at myuhc.com, where you can talk with a doctor online from the safety of your home.
- Early prescription refills to members in isolation or quarantine.
- Prior authorizations for elective procedures are being extended for at least 90 days.
- The ability to enroll in Republic health benefits may be available to you outside the open enrollment period if your family has experienced a loss of health insurance due to a life changing event, including a job loss. To complete an enrollment due to a qualified status change please contact the Benefits Service Center at 1-800-811-0689.
- For those who have health insurance through another insurance carrier, consider calling the number on the back of your insurance card or visit their website for information on similar resources that may be available to you.
- Your insurance provider offers behavioral health services, through appointments (including virtual) and through the Nurse Line. If you or your family member need support, please call using the phone number on your insurance card to inquire about available services.
- Rally Health offers wellness activities you can complete to help manage stress. Visit the Rally Health website or download the Rally app to your mobile device to track your progress. There are opportunities to earn gift cards for completing wellness incentive activities. In fact, employees and spouses enrolled in Republic Services medical plans can each earn up to $250 per year for the completion of wellness related activities.
Personal & Family Resources
- Sanvello is the #1 app for stress, anxiety, and depression with over 3 million users and gives you clinically validated techniques to help you manage your moods and thoughts, so you can understand what works to help you feel better. Sanvello has a partnership with UnitedHealthcare (access at myuhc.com) and is also available via the App Store. Due to COVID-19, Sanvello is making their app available to everyone at no charge (the premium version does cost, except for those enrolled in certain insurance carriers medical plans, including UHC. For those in Republic’s UHC plans the premium version is free).
- Republic’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through ComPsych is available to you and your family members. You can register online and gain access to resources, including COVID-19 resources, from the privacy of your home. 24-hour telephone support is available at 1-800-331-3684 or at guidanceresources.com (Web ID: REPUBLIC). EAP also offers a free app that employees may download through the App Store or Google play called GuidanceNow.
- Republic’s Perks at Work employee discount site offers a Community Online Academy that offers hundreds of free classes for adults and children. The classes include topics such as yoga, Pilates, personal development and more. You’ll also find free resources including stress & anxiety management tips and resources for working parents. This is available to all employees and their families. Click here to sign up today. Use “Republic Services” as your Company and verify using your Employee ID number and name.
- UnitedHealthcare offers an Emotional Health Support Line for all employees – whether you have UHC health insurance or not. Please call 866-342-6892 to speak with someone.
- You may be concerned about financial planning for the future. Vanguard, our 401(k) provider, has a lot of important information and webinars available on their website regarding how to handle your investments during this time. You can also sign up to receive messages and updates from Vanguard.
Support through COVID-19
- Employees who are diagnosed with COVID-19, or have a household member diagnosed with COVID-19 and are under doctor or government-ordered quarantine, are eligible for up to 10 additional days of PTO to take care of themselves and their families. Guidelines are in place to determine eligibility and to help navigate specific situations. Please work with your HR partner if you have questions.
Thank you for your dedication to Republic – today and every day. We recognize that this is a difficult time and are here to support you. If you have any questions about these benefits and resources, or have ideas for additional support that can be helpful to you at this time, please reach out to your HR Partner.