Did you know that many of our local BUs have drop-off locations employees can use to dispose of old light bulbs, batteries and e-waste? Bring in your old electronics, including printers and computers, and we’ll recycle them for free! Check with your supervisor for details.
What does e-waste include?
- Desktop or laptop computers
- Computer monitors
- Cell phones and cordless phones
- Printers, scanners, and fax machines
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray players
- Cords and cables
- Electronic toys
- And almost anything else with a battery or cord
What kinds of bulbs and batteries should I recycle?
- Dry cell batteries* (alkaline, lead-acid, NiMH (nickel-metal hydride), NiCD (nickel-cadmium), mercury oxide, lithium-ion, lithium primary)
- 4ft Fluorescent bulbs
- 5ft to 8ft Fluorescent bulbs
- Compact Fluorescent bulbs
- U-bend or U-tube bulbs; circular bulbs
- Incandescent, quartz, or halogen bulbs
- Non-PCB ballasts
- LCD monitor lamps
- Mercury and/or metal halide bulbs
- HID bulbs
* Lead-acid batteries must be separated from lithium batteries. All contacts of any dry cell batteries must be taped if mixing battery types.