As Republic employees, we know the value of recycling! America Recycles Day is Sunday, November 15, a special day focused on educating people about what and how to recycle. There are so many myths when it comes to recycling, and as employees of a leader in recycling, we have a unique opportunity to be a part of this special day and share our knowledge to help others become better recyclers.
Here are a few ideas for you and your family to celebrate America Recycles Day:
- Participate in the America Recycles Day Blue Nation Online contest (see details below).
- Take the Recycling Certified Training for employees (click here).
- Check out our new America Recycles Day page on RepublicServices.com.
- Quiz your family or friends about what’s recyclable and what’s not.
As Republic employees, We Work for Earth, and we know that about 30% of the items placed in curbside recycling don’t belong there – so let’s work together to get the word out this America Recycles Day!
America Recycles Day Contest, Prizes!
We have a fun contest for you to celebrate America Recycles Day. Three winners will receive a Republic Services Carhartt hoodie – just in time for winter! Follow the directions below to enter.
- Make a Fall/Thanksgiving themed craft out of something recyclable.
- Send us a photo at BlueNation@RepublicServices.com.
- Go for extra credit by taking a virtual field trip to a recycling center or landfill on RecyclingSimplified.com and tell us what you learned. Invite your family to join you!
Contest ends Wednesday, November 18. We’ll announce winners on Friday, November 20.