The Greater Phoenix Chamber chose 11 local businesswomen – including Republic’s EVP, Chief Legal Officer, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, and Corporate Secretary, Catharine Ellingsen – as finalists for its prestigious ATHENA Awards.
Catharine is recognized for her strong leadership in the legal field and throughout our company, mentorship of other women throughout her career, and her passion for and ongoing commitment to community service.
We are truly proud of Catharine and her strong leadership.
The 2021 ATHENA finalists include:
- Catharine Ellingsen, Chief Legal Officer, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, and Corporate Secretary, Republic Services
- Christine Gannon, Founder & CEO, Brightworks Consulting
- Molly Stockley, Regional Vice President of Marketing, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Kathleen Winston, PhD, RN, Dean, College of Nursing, University of Phoenix
- Jeanine Bashir, Regional Director, First Things First
- Debbie Esparza, Chief Executive Officer, YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix
- Lauren Henschen, Chief Executive Officer, Phoenix Center for the Arts
- Mona Mehta Stone, SVP, General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, Corporate Secretary, Goodwill of Central & Northern Arizona
- Christina Ngo, Director of Social Embeddedness, Arizona State University
- Stella O’Rourke, Corporate Development & Events Manager, UMOM New Day Centers
- Kimberly Roland, Vice President of Innovation and Entrepreneur Programs, Better Business Bureau Serving the Pacific Southwest
The Greater Phoenix Chamber, Republic Services and the Phoenix business community came together on November 18 for a luncheon to celebrate these outstanding businesswomen.
The Greater Phoenix Chamber’s ATHENA Awards recognizes and celebrates the achievements of businesswomen across the Greater Phoenix area. The ATHENA Awards highlight women who have achieved the pinnacle of success within their industry, have mentored women throughout their career, and have dedicated their time to their community and making a difference in the lives of others. Each year, the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s ATHENA Awards recognize 11 women at the top of their field. Of the 11 finalists, three recipients are selected as ATHENAs. Over the past 34 years, only 59 accomplished and compassionate Valley businesswomen have earned the title of ATHENA.