On Veterans Day last year, Republic launched V.A.L.O.R., which stands for:
- Veteran: any person who served honorably on active duty in the armed forces of the United States.
- Advocacy: Aims at winning support from others, i.e. creating a supportive environment. The BRG is open to all veterans and those who support/advocate for veterans, their spouses, and their families.
- Learning: Create learning solutions for personal development and increase the speed and success of veteran transitions.
- Outreach: Meet people where they are and engage veteran communities to demonstrate Republic's commitment to taking care of those who have taken care of us.
- Recruiting: Enhance Republic's capacity to recruit, develop, and retain veterans and veteran spouses, from drivers and mechanics to leadership and senior leadership roles.
The BRG’s Vision: To be recognized as a veteran- and veteran spouse-friendly employer.
The BRG’s Mission: To create an inclusive culture that attracts, retains, develops and values veterans and their families throughout the organization and in our communities.
Just a few of the initiatives V.A.L.O.R. has in development for 2021 include: a defined plan for Veteran mentorships, partnership programs that will help support our recruiting efforts as well as working closely with MSEP (Military Spouse Employment Program) and establishing a strategy for better support for and communication with those employees current deployed. In addition, the BRG is in the process of organizing a pilot project – a volunteer group to participate in Maricopa StandDown in the Phoenix area. V.A.L.O.R. will later replicate these activities and best practices in other markets.
Thank you to our V.A.L.O.R. leaders:
Executive Sponsor: Andy S.
Chair: Maurice N.
Vice Chair: Amy T.
To learn more about Republic’s BRGs and join, visit https://myapplications.microsoft.com/ and select the RSG-Diverst icon.
TEST YOUR BRG KNOWLEDGE… AND ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN PRIZES!
Click here to start the BRG pop quiz. (The quiz is open through Friday at midnight. Tip: Be sure to watch the BRG videos and read the articles throughout the week for the answers!)