On behalf of the Inclusion & Diversity Team and BRGs, thank you to those that participated in the BRG Recruitment Week, August 16-20. We hope you learned more about Republic’s BRGs and how you can get involved to help foster an even more inclusive culture. We are excited to announce that we tripled the number of new BRG members than in prior years. A special shoutout to the Women of Republic who had the highest number of new members.
Republic’s current BRGs include:
Unidos (United): offers a chance to develop skills and knowledge for professional growth, increase cultural awareness, participate in mentorship and growth opportunities and help advance the recruitment and retention of latinx employees.
Black Employee Network: promoting cultural awareness for an overall more inclusive workplace for employees of all backgrounds.
V.A.L.O.R. (Veterans, Advocacy, Learning, Outreach, Recruiting): a network of military employees and supports helping veterans and their families.
Women of Republic: Our first BRG, established in 2018 and is focused on creating an inclusive culture that attracts, retains, develops and values female talent.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the BRG Recruitment Week Trivia Quiz. The winners will each receive a prize.
Congratulations to the Trivia Quiz winners:
- John M., Pricing Analyst, Phoenix, AZ
- Josh L., Division Billing Supervisor, Albany, OR
- Rhonda P., Gate Attendant/Scale Operator, Inver Grove Height, MN
Upcoming BRG Related Events:
- Women of Republic: Fireside Chat with Amanda Hodges – Tuesday, September 28th – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Unidos: Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration – Wednesday, September 15th thru Friday, October 15th – More details coming soon to Blue Nation Online.
- VALOR: Volunteer Opportunities in observance of Veterans Day – Thursday, November 11th – Email: email@example.com for more information!