It’s that time again! This year, all eligible employees will have the opportunity to participate in Open Enrollment Tuesday, February 1 through Thursday, February 17. The Benefits Service Center (1-800-811-0689) will also be available to assist you from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. during the enrollment period.
As a reminder, open enrollment is your yearly opportunity to review and possibly rethink your current benefit choices to ensure you are in a plan that best meets the needs of you and your family. Take the time now to review and select your benefits for the upcoming benefits year.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
You will find more information in the open enrollment packet that will arrive to you by mail at home before open enrollment begins. If you do not receive your packet by February 1, call the Benefits Service Center (at the number listed below) to request a packet. You may also go online to Your Benefits Resources to review materials and enroll.
WHEN IT’S TIME, HOW DO I ENROLL?
This will be a Passive Enrollment. If you do not wish to make changes to your benefits coverage, your current coverage will rollover for the new plan year, with the exception of any Health Care Spending Account (HCSA), Dependent Care Spending Account (DCSA), and/or Health Saving Account (HSA) elections. Per IRS regulations employees must actively enroll in HCSA, DSCA, and HSA each year.
If you wish to make changes during open enrollment there are four ways to enroll:
- Online (through Workday): Log in to Workday, click on the “Benefits” icon, click on “Your Benefits Resources,” then click on the “Enroll in Your Benefits” link.
- Online (direct): Log in to yourbenefitsresources.com/rsibenefits and click on the “Enroll in Your Benefits” link.
- By Phone: Call the Benefits Service Center at 1-800-811-0689, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central time.
- Alight Mobile App: Install the Alight Mobile app on your mobile device and Search “Republic Services” and tap the name. Enter your username and Password followed by the access code sent to your mobile phone number.
If needed, you can reset your password through the Benefits Service Center at yourbenefitsresources.com/rsibenefits, however please note that when you reset your password, your password is mailed to you and that can cause delays. The easiest way to login and/or reset your password is through Workday.
- Your Benefits Resources is a one-stop shop that helps you choose your benefits and get the most out of them throughout the year. Online open enrollment is available 24/7 beginning February 1 and will close at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on February 17.
- You may call the Benefits Service Center at 1-800-811-0689 between 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST).
- Enrollment packets that are being mailed to your home in advance of open enrollment will contain a personalized enrollment worksheet and a summary of the benefits offered for the new plan year.
- The upcoming benefits enrollment changes will take effect April 1, 2022.
To learn more about what’s changing for the upcoming plan year as well as new and improved programs to consider, read the Pre-Enrollment Newsletter.
This information applies to nonunion employees and to employees who are covered by a collective bargaining agreement that provides coverage in the company’s benefit plans. If you are covered by a collective bargaining agreement, please refer to your union contract, call the Benefits Service Center or see your Enrollment Worksheet, as benefits may differ.