Beat the Heat:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing. And, don’t forget the sunscreen! Look for sunscreens that say “broad spectrum” or “UVA/UVB protection” on their labels.
- Never leave children or pets alone in cars – internal car temperatures are much higher than they are outside.
- Prevent unsupervised access to water.
- Always maintain constant attention and actively supervise children even when lifeguards are present.
- If you go boating, always wear a life jacket.
- Never grill in a camper, tent or any enclosed area.
- Make sure everyone, including pets, stays away from the grill.
- Keep the grill out in the open, away from the house, deck, tree branches or anything that could catch fire.
- Whenever possible, walk on the sidewalk; if no sidewalk is available, walk facing traffic.
- Stay alert – avoid cell phone use and wearing earbuds.
- Watch for cars entering or exiting driveways or backing up in parking lots.
Follow COVID-19 Guidelines:
- Even after you’re fully vaccinated, the CDC recommends you continue to take precautions. Click here to learn more. Stay safe and be well.
Divisions are tracking their safe days on this 101 Days Summer Safety poster. How is your division keeping safety top of mind this summer? Send us your stories and photos to BlueNation@RepublicServices.com.